One app to control lights, locks, thermostats, video cameras and remotely monitor and manage your home security system using your mobile device.
Vector Security, the leading provider of intelligent security solutions tailored to the needs of its customers, recently launches the Vector Security mobile app for Apple and Android devices.
Exclusive to Vector Security customers and powered by Alarm.com, the Vector Security mobile app uses award-winning technology and cloud services to power security and smart home solutions…all from a single platform.
“Today’s busy lifestyle, coupled with technology advancements, has created an increased demand for home automation and mobile security,” said Art Miller, Vice President of Marketing for Vector Security. “This app was created in response to that need. By downloading the app onto their Apple or Android device, our customers will experience the convenience and ease of managing not only their home security system, but also a range of home automation solutions that fit their needs, all from one app.”
Customers will benefit from the convenience of controlling a range of home automation and security solutions using the Vector Security mobile app, including:
- Lights – Turn lights on and off, create schedules and event triggers so lights go on when you need them and off when you don’t. Sync lights with your home security system.
- Locks – You don’t have to be home to lock or unlock your door, do it from your mobile device. Let the people you want in and keep all others out.
- Thermostats – Adjust your thermostat, create energy-efficient schedules that fit your lifestyle and sync with your home security system.
- Video – Turn cameras on and off, adjust views, set up triggers and alerts so you know what’s happening at home, even when you’re not there.
- Image sensors – Get a snapshot of what triggered your alarm sent right to your mobile device, or get on-demand images instantly.
- Energy monitoring – Get a baseline reading of your home’s energy use, see what appliances use the most energy. Make adjustments to become more energy efficient and get ongoing reports to track your progress.
- Geo-fencing – Set up a virtual fence near or around your home that when crossed, can turn lights on and off, arm/disarm your security system, open/close garage door, adjust thermostats, etc.
- Garage door – Open and close your garage door from your mobile device so there’s no second-guessing whether or not you forgot.
Demand for On-the-Go Home Automation Solutions
Demand for home automation and mobile solutions continues to grow rapidly. Spending on smart home systems and services in the U.S. hit $18B in 2014 and will more than double to $39B by 2019, according to Strategy Analytics' Smart Home Strategies latest forecast.
Further, consumers want a simple, intuitive way to interact with the devices that control their smart home systems. A recent Coldwell Banker study indicates buyers want to control their home from their smart phone – 62 percent of sales associates surveyed are seeing more buyers interested in controlling their home technology through their smart phone or tablet now than they were just two to five years ago.
“This represents a huge opportunity for on-the- go solutions and reflects the growing demand for mobility,” Miller added. “With the Vector Security mobile app, we are poised to meet our customers’ needs now and into the future. Our feature-rich app is the one app they’ll need to control all of their smart home systems.”
Additionally, according to a trend report from Cisco, there are more connected devices than there are people on the planet today and by 2020, there will be more than 50 billion connected devices.
“While there are other home automation and security apps on the market, ours offers the convenience of controlling multiple features – alarm, lights, locks, cameras, thermostats – all from a single platform rather than several disparate or DYI apps,” Miller said. Plus, because our app is tied to your security system as the hub, you can be assured it is safe.”
Benefits of Using a Single Platform for all Your Connected Devices
- Centralization When you control your connected devices within a single platform, you have the ability to monitor everything all in one place. The Vector Security app lets you control your security system, image sensors, locks, garage door, video, lights, thermostat and energy management systems all from one app. This results in added convenience and flexibility. You can also sync and integrate various triggers and settings for even more convenience.
- One App to Update Stay up-to-date with the latest smart home features, without having to update individual apps one by one. A single app saves time, and helps assure that you always have the most recent performance, security and feature updates installed. When you install the Vector Security app, you’ll enjoy not only all of its great benefits today, you’ll also stay up to date on the latest updates and enhancements.
- Constant, Connected Control A centralized connection enables smart home equipment to talk to one another, so that it can work smoothly and cohesively together to meet your automation needs. For example, set your lights to automatically turn on when you unlock your front door, or adjust your thermostat to the perfect temperature when you open your garage. With a connected app, the combination possibilities are endless. The Vector Security mobile app can be found on the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Customers currently using the Alarm.com app are encouraged to upgrade to the Vector Security app to stay updated when new features and upgrades become available.
About Vector Security
For more than 40 years, Vector Security, Inc. has been a premier provider of intelligent security solutions tailored to the needs of the customer. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and national account customers across North America and the Caribbean through a network of branches and authorized dealers. Through its subsidiary, Industry Retail Group (IRG), the company also offers customized managed broadband services that lay the foundation for unsurpassed business intelligence. Vector Security is a sister company of the Philadelphia Contributionship, a mutual insurance company founded in 1752, and currently provides costeffective, technology-based security solutions to nearly 300,000 homes and businesses. For more information, visit www.vectorsecurity.com.